Paleo Friendly Orange Cake
Desert you can enjoy Guilt Free – Orange Cake Paleo recipe
I guess healthy lifestyle is great thing, but often we just end up craving for something sweet, and at that certain time we feel like we suffer with our healthy lifestyle. Many times I have wondered if there is something I could eat to satisfy my sweets cravings without feeling bad for doing it, something that I could enjoy eating with “Guilt Free” pass…
After searching for one of those I found many interesting recipes online, but not all of them taste good as they sound. I have tested many and some of them were really tasty and healthy at same time, yet others were completely disgusting. It takes quite some time to gather decent amount of recipes that can fit in your daily meal plan without messing up with your diet plan.
Today I will share one of those recipes I have enjoyed and if you give it a try I’m sure you will enjoy eating this paleo friendly orange cake.
Let us now get straight to our orange cake recipe…
- 2 oranges (peeled and chopped)
- 1 banana (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar (honey is also great and can be used)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free)
- 250 grams almond meal
- 3 eggs
- Orange juice (squeeze 1 large orange)
- 3 dates (pitted and chopped)
- Pomegranate and macadamia nuts (flaked almonds are also great substitute)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Remaining orange and banana mix
- Preheat oven to 170°C/340°F.
- Grease the round 22 cm pan with coconut oil using brush.
- Put non-stick baking paper on bottom of your baking pan (cut it into round shape using scissors).
- Take a big bowl and beat eggs in it for about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut sugar and beat for another 2-3 minutes (until thickened).
- Place orange and banana in a blender.
- Process until mix of banana and orange gets thick and smooth.
- Now add orange & banana mix (1 cup or little bit more), almond meal and baking powder into big bowl with eggs from before.
- Slowly whisk everything until well combined using electric mixer.
- Pour everything into baking pan and flatten the top using a spoon or something.
- Since you want to keep air bubbles in your mixture make sure NOT TO bang the pan/tin.
- Place your baking pan into oven and bake for 1 hour.
- When cake gets done/baked, get it out and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Now take small saucepan and put remaining orange & banana mix, orange juice and dates in and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and leave it cooking for about 5 minutes (until dates have softened up and dissolved into the mix).
- Use fork to mash dates further into the mixture.
- Add coconut oil and whish for another 30 seconds then set aside.
- Remove cake from pan and make sure to peel off the paper.
- Pierce the top of the cake few times in different places (with fork).
- Now take a topping mixture you have just prepared and spread it over the top using spatula or a spoon.
- Sprinkle the top with pomegranate and macadamia nuts for finish.
I hope you will enjoy this one as much as I did.
PS: You can save this cake in fridge to make it last longer.
Please leave your thoughts about Paleo Friendly Orange Cake in comments section below.