Lazy Sunday Workout Routine
Lazy Sunday is not an Excuse!
So it is Sunday and as usual we get lazy on that special day. Yes we think about workout, but when it comes to executing it… we are just repeating “I will do it in an hour”, but before we know it day is coming to the end and we didn’t do anything useful.
This is something that was happening to me all the time in past and I had enough of it. It was time for me to stop watching TV all day long on Sunday when I could do something for my-self (like walk in the park, short workout…) and that was why I came up with this workout routine.
For me it was always hard to get started with some work on Sunday, but once I got my engine running I could go on and on.
So how do I get my engine running while I’m being lazy and watching TV?
- I get up standing while still watching TV and I start with calf raises. I do 30 calf raises.
- Since I’m already standing and legs are huge muscle group they will get you warm in no-time, so next thing I do is 30 squats.
- Now my body temperature is already rising and my breath is bit faster and same goes for hart beat, now it is time for me to do 20 chair/bench dips (and I’m still watching TV).
- OK, I’m getting more and more into it so next thing I do is 20 wide pushups.
- Wide pushups got some pump in my chests and I feel great by now, so let me throw in some crunches (30 is my number).
- It is getting hot in here and now I’m ready to throw in some diamond pushups (20).
- Awesome! Now I do 50 side crunches (25 each side).
- 30 calf raises
- 30 squats
- 20 chair/bench dips (narrow/triceps)
- 20 wide pushups
- 30 crunches
- 20 diamond pushups
- 50 side crunches (25 each side)
- Repeat this 3 times.
- 15 seconds rest between exercises.
- 60 seconds rest between rounds.
I know this doesn’t look much but believe me you will feel good after you have persuaded yourself to complete this workout routine.
Please leave your thoughts about Lazy Sunday workout in comments section below.