Ground Pork and Winter Squash Frittata – Paleo Style
Meat and Eggs for Breakfast – Real MAN food!
How many of you did ever consider eating meat for breakfast?
I know a lot of people who would never even think about it, but the truth is that consuming meat for breakfast will benefit you in so many different ways. Just give it a try and you will see what I’m talking about.
Today we are preparing another fast, protein rich meal… frittata.
This time we are making 4 big servings so whole family can sit together and enjoy it.
- 4 thick slices of bacon (chopped)
- 500 grams of ground pork
- 10 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups of peeled, seeded and cut into small dice winter squash (I’m using kabocha this time).
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground mace
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place chopped bacon into cold skillet and turn on the heat to medium.
- Cook until bacon becomes crispy (around 10 minutes).
- Preheat oven.
- Add pork, salt, sage, mace and thyme to skillet.
- Stir frequently to break up pork for another 10 minutes (until pork is fully cooked).
- Remove the stems of thyme and add the squash.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Add beaten eggs and let it cook on stove top for another 2 minutes, and don’t forget to stir.
- Place skillet in oven.
- Broil until eggs are done (puffed and starting to brown on top).
- Serve and dig in!
Please share your thoughts about this simple to make and protein rich meal in comment section bellow.