Gluten Free Sweet Potato Protein Bars
Home Made Sweet Potato Protein Bars – Gluten Free
It is holiday’s season again, and we all know what is going on during this long lasting December…
Many of us don’t want to admit it, but gaining weight is something most of us have in common when it comes to holiday’s season. Well that might not be true in your case, but sure is when it comes to me and my sweet tooth. What can I say? I just love food and all deserts that come along with sweet December.
Since I find it so hard to resist, I have decided to share this simple sweet potato protein bars recipe which could satisfy your sweet tooth cravings while still keeping it in healthy zone.
Home made protein bars always beat ones you get in store!
Let us now get busy and make some Sweet Potato Protein Bars…
- 1 large sweet potato (cooked)
- ½ cup (125 mL) of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of date syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon (30 ML) of milk or coconut milk
- ½ bar of 90% dark chocolate
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend them together (except chocolate).
- Shape the mixture into little bars and put them aside.
- Now it is time to melt your chocolate in a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water. You can also melt it in the microwave using low power, just make sure not to use metal bowl.
- Once chocolate gets melted, dip your bars in the chocolate until they’re fully coated.
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper, or into a large plastic or freezer-safe glass container.
- Transfer them to the freezer for an hour, or the fridge overnight, and you are ready to GO!
I hope you will enjoy these as much as I did.
Please share your thoughts about these home made sweet potato protein bars in comment section bellow.