Gluten Free Power Bar Recipe – Paleo Style
Easy and NO BAKE Home Made Power Bar Energy Snack
This time I will be sharing simple and delicious Power Bar recipe. Paleo recipes are getting more and more popular and even if I don’t like some restrictions within paleo diet, I still love the idea about enjoying only what mother nature have to offer.
Snack we are about to prepare is sweet (mostly thanks to dates), rich in good fats and it also provide us some protein, fiber, potassium… This home-made energy bar will give you enough energy to go on and on with your hard work.
- 1-2 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup unsalted walnuts
- ½ cup unsalted almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries (dried cherries or other berries are also good)
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put dates and coconut oil in blender and blend until they are smooth.
- Add flax seed, cinnamon, dark chocolate cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Pulse few times just to mix together everything.
- Add almonds and walnuts.
- Pulse again (pulse more if you want smoother texture, less for more rough texture).
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Prepare a pan (lined with wax paper).
- Transfer the mixture to a pan.
- Use a large wooden spoon to press down the mixture.
- Press until you make it 10-15 millimeters thick.
- Cover with saran wrap.
- Chill in refrigerator until mixture gets hard.
- Cut into squares.
- Enjoy your own home made energy bar.
Please share your thoughts about this paleo style home made energy bar in comment section bellow.